Their are so many benefits, here are just a few:
1. Increased EnergyUnlike most other saturated fats, coconut oil is built primarily of medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs). These fats metabolize much differently than their long-chain cousins which are found in abundance in meat and dairy products. Digested MCTs are not stored as fat in the human body. Instead, they are transported directly to the liver where they are quickly converted into energy.
Consuming approximately two tablespoons of coconut oil every morning has been shown to increase energy levels by an average 5% in a twenty-four hour period!
2. Fight InfectionMedium-chain triglyceride lauric acid makes up about 50% of the total fatty acid content of coconut oil and is the main ingredient that makes this oil so amazing. Amongst all of its other myriad of health benefits, lauric acid is a powerful anti-microbial, killing viruses, bacteria, protozoa, and fungi by dissolving their cellular walls. Adding a daily serving or two of coconut oil to your diet can increase your body’s resistance to illness, improve digestive health, and even help to heal ulcers of the stomach lining.
3. Normalize Brain FunctionWhen digested, MCTs travel directly to the liver where they are synthesized into keytone bodies. These chemical compounds have a positive effect on several brain disorders, most notably – epilepsy & Alzheimer’s (the most common form of dementia.) High concentrations of keytone bodies in the blood have been shown to reduce seizures in children with drug-resistant epilepsy. Keytone bodies also provide an alternate source of energy for cells in the brain which have lost the ability to process glucose, one of the main causes of Alzheimer’s.
4. Decrease HungerKeytone bodies formed by MCTs have the added benefit of reducing hunger and cravings. When eaten every day, a serving or two of coconut oil is a proven effective tool to help you feel full faster, avoid overeating, and snack less between meals.
5. Weight LossDaily consumption of coconut oil has been shown to help with weight loss, particularly around the midsection. By regulating appetite and improving digestion, coconut oil can make it much easier to reduce your daily caloric intake and lose weight at a healthy rate (around one to two pounds per week.) Because it is a natural mood enhancer, coconut oil may help you to feel more motivated and energetic which can also assist with weight loss. Coconut oil aids in balancing hormones that reduce stress and anxiety – two of the leading causes of excessive belly fat.
Just remember that coconut oil is high in calories. Limit your intake to one or two tablespoons per day so as not to unwittingly sabotage your weight-loss efforts. http://pnc15.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html